Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2021

26 Oh, take your time, don't live too fast Part 7

We didn't do too much besides smooch. If we weren't at a party, we were at his house, his parents house. They weren't usually home and if the mom was home she didn't bother us. He had a room downstairs for when he wasn't at drug treatment. It seems like we were never alone in there. The other brother was in there a lot. Another friend, who was an editor of an underground newspaper, was almost always in there. We kept smooching away. Let me tell you that I was probably one of the healthiest humans at the time, but I still needed air. Hey, I need air. Most people didn't exercise back then, but I did. The weird movie loving, monster loving kid also watched Jack Lalanne.


I also learned to love deep knee bends and jumping jacks when I played the "Invaders From Mars" game. I'd lay under that ceiling light in the living room and they ordered me to do lots of things, especially exercise.

So, I'd insist on air at times and find myself yapping with the other two. I'd also hear them yapping while I was smooching with older brother. Sometimes about smooching but a lot of political stuff too. They were politically radical. I was that way too then, but they were really radical. The editor was the brains and the younger brother was the brawn. He was a smaller, not as god like version of his brother. The editor looked like a cross between a young Howard Stern and the bushy haired Furry Freak Bro.


Well, I kinda found out that I was having more fun doing a little yapping. Hell yes, the smooching was great but you need air once in a while.

But the thing is... everything was just a little too heavy for me. I mean non-stop smooching and super radical politics. Yes, I was pretty far out there, but I was also pretty nice. Not my cup of tea.

So this is where everything just kind of disintegrated. He was already upstate when Woodstock was held. A car of his degenerate (and mine) friends pulled in front of the house to drive me up there. My brother and I practically got into a fist fight over it. It was quite the yelling scene. There really was lots of those scenes between many families back then. My brother was going. I was young (but other younger ones went, and I kick myself to this day) He ordered my parents to tell me not to go. They just wanted the fight to stop, so I told the car to just go without me. 

Ha ha. When my brother got back my mother yelled at him to get into a bleach water bath. She saw what went on up there.

Nothing to do with anything else, I just decided I didn't want to hang out with this guy anymore. So, it's time to move to the next decade. Details to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

20 Oh, take your time, don't live too fast Part 1

This is going to be a story about a personal challenge that I made good on. Now, I may repeat myself on some happenings in these stories. I&...