Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2021

1 That it's strange. Very strange.

Just planning on putting down a few words about strange, interesting or disturbing things I've had the pleasure to encounter.

This came to mind after I was part of a couple of different scenes this weekend.


Timothy Leary

It was the early 90's. Probably 1992. I went to see Timothy Leary speak, up at CU in Boulder. Glenn Miller Ballroom. I was sitting in front so I had a great time absorbing what was being said. It was early in the computer years and Tim was trying to get everyone interested in what could be done with this new technology and where it was going. Brain waves. He gave us a psychedelic light show with his computer.

The show was over, but I knew weird things were on the horizon. I had that floating feeling. Everything had a special light to it. There was some happy chatter in the air.

Boulder was still cool then & it was a great place to hear music. There was a band playing that I liked at "Tulagi's on the Hill." I usually went other places, but this is where they were. Couldn't just go home after Timothy Leary. The place was at about medium capacity. 

Did you know that "Come Together" was written for Timothy Leary? Well, it was. So the band just started playing "Come Together." Then the darnedest thing happened. Timothy Leary walked in. Big commotion. A lot of these people were very "aware" of who he was. He just starts dancing. How could everyone not get up and dance with Timothy Leary to "Come Together?" He really went to town. I don't even know what to write, it got weird.

Word got out and the bar filled up. I knew a lot of the people in there. One "kid" comes running up to me freaked out. "I just smoked pot with Timothy Leary. I was out in the alley with a joint & Timothy Leary came up & toked with me." I can't even describe his awe. Everything was very visual and spacey. I think I'm still seeing trails.

All I can say is that I don't even know how the night ended. It just kept going on. Music, dancing, freak outs, hilarity, pot and whatever. I'm thinking that Timothy Leary's brain was permanently altered over the years and he worked on some type of hyper-speed. May the gods bless him.

RIP




 




12 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your mind-expanding experience! I'm looking forward to reading more musings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barry! Glad you liked it. I can see this blogging thing is a pain in the ass. I have to hand it to you bloggers. 😂

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Very groovy and I mean that in a very sincere, non-ironic way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John! Your stuff is great. Just hoping to entertain a little.

      Delete
  3. Great story. Can’t wait to read the next kne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Along the coast you'll hear them boast
    About a light they say that shines so clear
    So raise your glass, we'll drink a toast
    To the little man who sells you thrills along the pier
    He'll take you up, he'll bring you down
    He'll plant your feet back firmly on the ground
    He flies so high, he swoops so low
    He knows exactly which way he's gonna go
    Timothy Leary..
    He'll fly his astral plane
    He'll take you trips around the bay
    He'll bring you back the same day
    Timothy Leary..

    looking forward to more, bc ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story! The boring college I attended would never have someone like him speak. You're lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't in college. ☺ But yes, I was lucky.

    ReplyDelete

20 Oh, take your time, don't live too fast Part 1

This is going to be a story about a personal challenge that I made good on. Now, I may repeat myself on some happenings in these stories. I&...