Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2021

24 Oh, take your time, don't live too fast Part 5

So the last post was boring. Well, that's what happens when you draw opium into your lungs. I remember walking in, a few tokes, a little music and that's it. It was a hell of a long time ago but it is a complete blank. There are some nights with just pot that I could at least remember a few things. I wonder how I got home? Boy, those were some days. Those suburban moms and dads were all knocked out from scotch and vodka. I know they never waited up for me, they were knocked out. But as always, smoke it but don't shoot it.

There was a key in the plant. I guess I had enough wits about me to open the door and get upstairs or many times I fibbed. "Yeah, I'm over so & so's house." You know, my parents were teenagers in the roaring twenties, so I bet they did the same thing.


Now I'm hanging out with this guy, so I might as well tell you a little about him. Besides the fact that he was a hippie god. "Hi Mom. Yeah, I have a boyfriend. He's kind of older and he's in drug treatment in upstate NY for heroin." But he's part of the "M" family. "Oh. I know Mrs. M. She's in the Marion Society with me." Everything was ok. Honestly. I really don't think he was much of an addict. I'm pretty sure it was one of those deferment schemes.

Not what he looked like

Back then it was fairly normal for teenage gals to have boyfriends in their twenties, or at least a couple years older. The moms didn't freak out because they probably did the same thing. It was the old thought that the guys would be more able to support their daughter. My parents weren't necessarily thinking like that. They expected me to go to college, I guess. This guy "J" was one of those hippies back then that was actually pretty brainy. I was too, at the time. You know, the old corny stuff about searching for why we are here and what does it mean. That's where all the drugs and lifestyle differences came in. Trying to figure it out. But I had this funny quirk... all that pirate stuff. I wanted to be a pirate just like the rest. So anytime there were a few guys doing some kind of mind altering substance, I insisted I could keep up. There'll be a few stories about that. But I wasn't sad that I blew out most of my brain cells. It's been a great experience.

Speaking just for a few people I could say we just didn't want to fit into a preordained mold. All that movie watching. I loved "The Time Machine." I really thought we could perfect that sitting by the river and eating fruit thing. As naive as it sounds... No work, just pleasure. Without the morlocks. We didn't know any better. So there are still some people from that generation walking around spacy or poor. They tried. Don't blame them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

20 Oh, take your time, don't live too fast Part 1

This is going to be a story about a personal challenge that I made good on. Now, I may repeat myself on some happenings in these stories. I&...