Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2021

22 Oh, take your time, don't live too fast Part 3

You might ask "Why the hell is she writing this?" The purpose is for little bits of life of a non-glorious, not famous person. There are a lot of stupid things that we did, and even though we get slammed, some stuff is better now because of it.


Remember the end of the 60's is closing down. I had my ambition. So I already knew this guy, oh this is so weird to put down on paper. I know we would yap on the boardwalk about dumb stuff and smoke some weed under the boardwalk. I'll just get it out of the way. I don't remember much about it, but we "did it" 🤯 under the boardwalk. The way it worked was that there were areas where people walked onto the beach that were all nice and cleared out. Plenty of room to walk. In between the entrances were areas where sand was blown up and it was like a "hill." People would seek out these areas to do unspeakable things. Watch out for broken glass though. (Never understood how you break glass on sand) Long Island beaches are actually considered to be some of the best because of the sand. Very fine and powdery. Needless to say it gets "everywhere."

So here's the deal. Nobody used condoms. I'm sure some people used them but I never knew anybody that used a condom. People were anti-condom. "Why have sex? It's not real sex." What did we do? I'm not speaking for everyone. Jesus, it was probably illegal for unmarried people to have sex in some states. It was a big problem for unmarried people to get birth control, let alone someone under age. As a matter of fact, it wasn't until 1970 that the mention of birth control was removed from the anti-obscenity laws. I'm just going to add in at this moment that Freedom of Speech is everything to me. The doctors were no good if you weren't married. This is the talk between us girl hippies. So for the most part we paid attention to when we thought we might get pregnant and we did whatever. On a very small occasion you'd hear about someone getting gonorrhea. This is where some of the early clinics came in and saved us. We'd find an older hippie girl "where do you go?" When you see some old broad getting all crazy about birth control and clinics, it's probably because she had to do some of this crap. She doesn't really want to talk about it.


There was this guy on Long Island, Bill Baird. He was a big deal with this stuff. Always getting arrested for driving around in his van and handing out birth control. The pill was in bad shape back then though. I tried it for a little bit and felt like my veins were going to explode. Most of us didn't use it. So, what did we do? Think about it? What cleans everything? I'm on the phone at home in the kitchen "What?" "Yeah, get a bottle of coke. It works." God help me, this is what we did, but only if we were worried. Everybody had a supply in their home. I know. You're fainting. But we'd just get a towel, excuse me while I get graphic, lay down and take just enough to take care of it. 

Car Wash

And lay there for about 15 minutes I think. I don't really remember, but I know we had to wait. But you know what? I'd take this any day over some dystopian future where everyone is created in the lab. That's it. Now I can go on to pot party stories and such. Whew.



No comments:

Post a Comment

20 Oh, take your time, don't live too fast Part 1

This is going to be a story about a personal challenge that I made good on. Now, I may repeat myself on some happenings in these stories. I&...