Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2021

Footnote before the wagons before 45

I've been mentally preparing to write my next post. I haven't been back to where I grew up in years and there's lots of reasons for that. I was thinking about a couple of people and just wanted to see if they were dead or alive. I've heard of a few. So many people left that murky mire a long time ago and I'm one of them.

A while back I tracked down a close friend. She has led a very straight life since those days. She's good natured but I think would rather keep a few facts hidden. Her sister doesn't care, so I've gotten a few reminders, what she can remember, from her. I remember about five years after I left NY, my mom told me she saw her in the store and that she looked like an "old lady." Taken on her duties. Not a slam. Just her choice.

I briefly was in contact with someone a couple of days ago. Nice enough, but it was like everything they mentioned was some horribly disturbing tragic event. Oh yeah. That's why the hell I wanted nothing to do with this place. I'm going to have to write about some of it, but I just can't focus on it. I've done a hell of a job leaving a bunch of crap behind and finding some kind of fun out of life.

I just wanted to say that I've heard the saying "You can't run away from your problems." And I want to tell you that you can. Because most of the time it's really someone else's problem. Or a place. Or a way of thinking. Each and every person I've had the least little discussion with since I've left there has told me the same thing. "You did good by getting out of here." I could tell by looking at the pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment

20 Oh, take your time, don't live too fast Part 1

This is going to be a story about a personal challenge that I made good on. Now, I may repeat myself on some happenings in these stories. I&...