Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

90 Girl served sky black part one

We spent about five weeks in Berkeley and it was time for us to go. This wasn't the place for us, for me. We were heading north and got a ride to the highway headed in that direction, just north of San Francisco. We didn't care how we got up to Washington, just get going that way. Here we go. Zac was a good traveler and I had him on my shoulder. Put our thumbs out. We usually both started hitching and if it took forever, we took turns. Didn't take long in this part of the country.

Similar to this. Beat up green, but no logos


An old green cargo van pulled over. It was a very long haired gentleman. In we jumped. "Where you going?" Washington. "Well I'm headed up by the redwoods. I'll take you up there." I was in the back like usual and LBJ sat up front. Now I don't know what this guy was doing in San Francisco, but he had a little bit of a lot of different drugs with him. He offered us what we wanted to help us enjoy the scenery along the way. I opted for the light stuff... just a little pot. LBJ was into downers and gladly helped himself to some seconal. I didn't understand that, I wanted to see what was going on. But LBJ had been working, maybe he needed to really relax.  I couldn't see what was going on in front. How many he took or whatever. Our host just had a few hits with me.

He took us on the Pacific Coast Highway for a while, an amazing scenic coastal drive. I don't remember the roads being crowded at all once we got a ways from the city. I just was in wonderment at the beauty. We had nice beaches on Long Island, but they were so much plainer than the majestic hills rolling right up to the water. And it was freaky to see boulders popping up in the ocean like mushrooms. We stopped at some point and I went for a walk on the bit of sand. So different having fresh, cool air blowing into my face instead of a square of sand with piles of people from end to end. I guess because it was too cold to just lay there motionless on a towel. I loved it.

Back on the road and we started veering inland. I couldn't believe the green and the size of the trees. Never seen a place this full of healthy life. It was hilly where we were and we passed a couple of tiny old towns with a few buildings here and there. I'd like to give the fella that was our friendly host a name instead of calling him "the guy." Maybe I need to describe him. Very long blonde hair like Gregg Allman... but longer. Sorry but I have to describe this guy as another hippie god type. He was wearing overalls without a shirt and he had just the right kind of lean muscle. He worked to get them. You know, he sweat doing manual labor extensively. Did you ever see Viggo Mortensen in A Walk On the Moon? Well, longer hair, handsomer and cooler than that. How do I tell you that I'm more about the jokes than the looks, but I couldn't help from noticing.


 

Oh. So his name... let's call him Derek for no reason. We pull up to a little old building and Derek says he needs to eat. C'mon in. He'll pay. I went in but LBJ was knocked out. Really tired or too many reds. He could eat peanut butter and jelly later if he's hungry. Why do I remember any of this? Because this whole day and night are the things you do remember.

A building like this but right in the trees.

Small little restaurant. I even remember we ordered breakfast. Derek proceeds to tell me that he has a "farm" up in the redwoods. His life is good. I talk a little about my life and that I was looking for "I don't know what." He asked me to marry him. Huh? 🤷‍♀️ His life was good but he wanted a woman like me to share it with him. "Well. That's nice. Uh. But we just kind of met." He was serious too. He went on a little bit about it. "Oh. Thanks, but I can't." I suppose I could have, but even I didn't marry a stranger I just met. Plus, I have this loyalty thing. What should we do? Push LBJ out of the van and keep driving? Don't think so. Anyway, Derek seemed authentic but for Christ' sake I didn't know him at all.

I guess he took no for an answer and we jumped back into the van truck. LBJ was a little more lucid and we kept driving. Derek working that steering wheel with his tanned muscles, letting that blonde hair hang down there. Now it was getting really woodsy. Holy crap. I have never seen anything like it. It was nearly dark from all that vegetation and size of those trees. He was taking us through back roads. No humans. I felt like I wasn't on earth. Strange dark yellow sunshine through all that green. 

 

Whoa. I don't remember what kind of psychedelic he gave me but I took it. I wasn't on earth anymore.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

20 Oh, take your time, don't live too fast Part 1

This is going to be a story about a personal challenge that I made good on. Now, I may repeat myself on some happenings in these stories. I&...