Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2021

54 You better duck down the alley way part 3

I don't know how we made it home.There were a lot of joints. I guess we followed the leader. I was nearly trippin' in that theater. Peoples heads were bobbing up and down one at a time. I could hear conversations and voices from every single person there.

Woke up the next morning and said "Let's get out of here." Yeah, Toronto was funky cool but a little too much like New York for us. I was sick of dirty streets. I didn't want gritty anymore. Sorry but I was looking for beauty, peace and love. Go with the dream. 

Lover of Rat Fink

Fine. Had some coffee. I'm pretty sure they sent us off with some kind of food. We thanked them profusely and we always cleaned up after ourselves. Out the door we go, all of us. I could feel the continuing secretiveness. They were all clammed up. But adios. Hope you have a good life. Always remember you.

Oh, yoicks. About three blocks away LBJ noticed he forgot his wallet. Shit. No license or modern days cards of any type, but his birth certificate and a little money were in it. We had to go back. Shit. So we get there and the door is locked. Nowadays you'd say of course, but not everyone locked their door then. What are we going to do? We stood there kind of freaked. We didn't want to wait all day for them to come back. We wanted out of there. I suppose many people would have done just that, but whatever.

LBJ was a little more street smart and assured me he could open the door with one swift kick. He put down his bag and kind of leaned back. Just as he was lifting his leg, the dude came back and yelled "Hey!!" Whew. Was this good or bad? He came running up there with an understandably pissed face. "Hey man. I left my wallet in there. That's all." But if it came down to it LBJ would have had no problem with him, unless the guy had a weapon of some sort.

He opened the door and the wallet was by the couch. I imagine the fella felt better that we weren't common thieves. It would put a crimp in his people trusting skills. This time we high tailed it out of there.

The quickest and easiest way out of Canada and into the US was through Detroit. We had a very long day ahead of us.



Hitchhikers. Toronto. 1970's.

2 comments:

  1. Good thing that dude came back & it was settled peaceably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was close. Could have been weird. 😂😂

    ReplyDelete

20 Oh, take your time, don't live too fast Part 1

This is going to be a story about a personal challenge that I made good on. Now, I may repeat myself on some happenings in these stories. I&...