Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

51 You can't understand what I'm saying. Can you?

Here's one of those times I'm throwing in a couple of things afterwards. It's going to happen. I was thinking about another place and there was the name of a street that dragged out a little bit more memory of Montreal. Not a lot, but something.

I don't know how I could forget that I spent a lot of time on Sherbrooke Street near McGill. That was pretty much the area. That's all.

Montreal was a clean city but a little too sterile for us. Probably because we stayed in that one area near the school. People were cordial and friendly, but maybe not ready to make any real connection. Except for the long haired panhandler.  

We did take a day to go up to Mont Royal. A nice hilly area overlooking the city. It was there that I learned I had some weird kind of vertigo. I was hanging onto the railing of the stairway and basically hyperventilating. I think I was holding people up.😀 Oh well. The damn mosquitos there. I had welts from one end to the other.

I was also thinking people may be wondering if we ever cleaned ourselves. I brushed my teeth and washed my face everyday. Carried along toothbrushes and toothpaste, but we also used salt from restaurants to brush our teeth when we finally ran out of toothpaste. I had a tube of Prell in my bag and hit the sink at the school every few days. Probably washed my armpits every day too. (I don't care if it's too much information. Seems like people are squeamish about nature nowadays.) This is one of the reasons we left Montreal, besides it not being California. Even though the sink helps, I think I wanted to take a shower. My mom always said that we get dirty from the filth in the air. Cities make you dirty. Things are cleaner in the country.

But we ended up in Toronto next anyway.

Not us



2 comments:

  1. Mosquitos, Prell, armpits and vertigo. If people are squeamish they better not hear about the world's smelliest man then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daSmUoR1CNA

    ReplyDelete

20 Oh, take your time, don't live too fast Part 1

This is going to be a story about a personal challenge that I made good on. Now, I may repeat myself on some happenings in these stories. I&...