Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2021

74 Are you dizzy when you're stoned

That morning after Jesus left we had work to do. We had to figure our next move. We went in search of People's Park to see what was going on. Oh, I'll be typing up my stories about that a little later. I am pretty sure the place we were staying in was at the corner of Shattuck and Kittredge and we started walking. We noticed a music venue at Shattuck and University called The Keystone.


Jerry Garcia was playing there the next night. I got a little worked up over that. There were two Dead albums that I really loved. American Beauty and Workingman's Dead. Casey Jones. We had to go. Yes. We were new to town but we couldn't go without a little something for our head either. Well, California 1972. Shouldn't have too much problem with that.

It could have been the August 18, 1972 show, but I can't be 100% sure. Somewhere about then. I guess he played there a lot. So we put a day in wandering around and now it was the next day. LBJ had been out early and had found some LSD for the show that night. Alright, figure the start of the show and then figure how long before you might start getting some "peak" effects. You start feeling stuff before but I always gave it a good three hours for it to really start getting in there. I don't know if it's changed.

Up until this point I had done very well with the drug. I experienced glowing leaves, feelings of elation. A definite oneness with nature. Things that appeared lifeless began to move. Rocks became faces and appeared to talk. Bright colors. A deep empathy for other humans. I liked to draw absurd pictures of toaster people. Listening to the stereo move from one speaker to the other on a path right through your body. Funny stuff. And sex too, but I don't feel like mentioning that now.

But I was always aware of my existence. So I probably took some around 4 pm thinking we'd get there around 7. But I was always pushing it, further out on the planes. Looking to step on some stars. I think I took twice as much as LBJ. All I remember was laying on the floor where Jesus laid down his head.

I lost my identity. There was no time. There were no faces, no sounds. I heard nothing. I only saw red. A vastness of red. Lord help me when I admit this but I was at the creation of time. In the redness I realized I was the God being. I was not myself. This was not a fast process. As I became aware of my existence I realized I had two sides. I continued to exist. Just red. Then I became aware of arms. Tools. I took my right arm from my chest and spread it outwards and there was man. He laid on the right side. I took my left arm from my chest and spread it outwards and there was woman. She laid on the left side. Then I could feel the power of life. This really was a pretty heavy trip.

I was on that floor all night. We never went to that Jerry Garcia show.




No comments:

Post a Comment

20 Oh, take your time, don't live too fast Part 1

This is going to be a story about a personal challenge that I made good on. Now, I may repeat myself on some happenings in these stories. I&...